St. Mary's Catholic Church
The first church building was constructed in 1873. Polish and German-Russian immigrants created the need for Rev. Joseph Klein to be appointed as resident pastor in 1894. Cordelia Baker donated 10 acres of land to the Galveston diocese to be used for a German Catholic Church in Plantersville. In 1894 a small building was constructed under the name Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.