Bømlo gamle kyrkje
Bømlo old church, which was built in 1621, is a long church in the lofty, flattened timber. It has a rectangular ship and narrower, just-completed chancel in the east and porch in front of the entrance in the west. A small sacristy on the east side of the choir was built in 1951. Outside, the church is dressed with supanel. The church was rebuilt, among other things, in 1885, with larger windows, new doors and new galleries, carried by pillars and curved jacks.
The ship's ceiling was probably rebuilt at the same time, from flat to flat-arched table top, to create a ceiling above the galleries. The present church benches are also from 1885, but there are traces of the older benches in the long walls. Pulpit and altarpiece, which also dates from 1885, are copies of pulpit and altarpiece in Moster's new church. The altarpiece in the new Gothic style is made by Johan Holme. It is three-part, with narrow side panels and wider center panels. The bottom color of the fields is blue, and the center field has a white painted cross. The baptismal basin in brass has a picture of a knight fighting the dragon.
Sources: Hoff, Anne Marta and Hans-Emil Lidén: Churches of Norway, Hordaland II, Oslo 2000 Rasmussen, Alf Henry: Our churches. Norwegian Church Lexicon, Church Near 1993